- School Closure chart – 9-29-2020 (1)The attached school closure flow chart is a restatement of the DOH’s closure matrix. It is a different way to visualize the DOH chart found on page 15 of this document: https://www.state.
nj.us/health/cd/documents/. It is our hope that this format is easier to read. It will also be posted on the NJEA covid resource webpage. topics/NCOV/ RecommendationsForLocalHealthD epts_K12Schools.pdf
- An updated (9/28/20) directory of local health departments can be found here: https://nj.gov/health/
- The DOH has added a tab to its dashboard which tracks confirmed outbreaks associated with in-school transmission in K-12 schools: https://www.nj.gov/health/cd/
- The DOH updated its childcare guidance; the changes are highlighted: https://www.
state.nj.us/health/cd/ documents/topics/NCOV/COVID_ guidance_reopening_childcare.
- The State has announced the launch of COVID Alert NJ, an app designed to notify people if they have been potentially exposed. According to the article, the app does not collect GPS tracking location, but rather if an individual tests positive, the local department of health will ask them if they want to anonymously notify their close contacts using Bluetooth technology. https://www.nj.com/
coronavirus/2020/10/nj- launches-coronavirus-app-that- alerts-residents-to-possible- exposure-to-covid-19.html